Sunday, August 30, 2009

Basket Man and new swimming hole!

Okay, so back several months ago when we first found out that we were moving here people that had lived here kept telling me about the Basket Man. I was thinking probably exactly what y'all are thinking now, "What does that even mean and who is the Basket Man?". So as soon as I met some other ladies I asked. Well the Basket Man is a man who hand makes baskets. He grows all the materials himself and then will make whatever you want him to. So my mission this weekend was to find this man to see what it was all about. His house was a little difficult to find, but we found it. Turns out...it's pretty cool. He can make literally whatever you want. Plain ole baskets, furniture, anything. Anyways, I ordered a couple of baskets and we'll see how they turnout. I know this isn't that exciting to y'all, but that is one of the main things we heard about before moving here. Next, we finally went swimming! We went swimming at the bottom of the cliffs on Saturday and it was super cool. After our long hike down the stairs to get there, we were so excited to jump in the water! Well we had heard that the water here is cold and it is!!! It is really, really cold! The local people were splashing around in it like it was as warm as a hot tub. Scott and Grady got all the way in, but I just couldn't do it. It was so cold that some other little kids around us were crying, but Grady loved it and didn't what to get out. We had a great time and we were all worn out by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment